CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 04, 2009

What now?!?!?!

Tal and I went down to Jacksonville on Saturday to burn up a Williams-Sonoma gift card from the in-laws and spend a little time at Dave and Buster's. While at D&B's, I saw a girl wearing this T-shirt and it totally cracked me up.

It's a shirt I would LOVE to wear to my doctor's office - OMG WTF is up with my health?!?!?!

Last Monday I went to my allergy doctor for a follow-up. While there, I asked him about these spots that I had. A couple of months ago I noticed a small spot on my right thigh just above my knee. I thought it was maybe a bug bite or something, so I didn't think anything of it. Then about a month ago I noticed it had friends, and was getting bigger. Over Christmas, I discovered that it had evolved into a family reunion on my legs, abdomen, stomach, and back.

So, I figured that if anyone would know what it was, it would be my allergy doctor. Well he took one look at the spots, said it was ringworm and that I would need to see my regular doctor.

Friday I went to my regular doctor, who said it wasn't ringworm and she really wasn't sure what it was but wanted to do a biopsy. She did a "punch", which means she used an instrument to punch out a piece of the flesh on the edge of the lesion. Don't worry, she numbed it before she did that so I didn't feel a thing. I didn't watch, though. I think that might have been a bit much. She did show me the piece. I found it a bit fascinating. This was a little piece of my body, about the size of a pencil eraser, floating around in formaldehyde in a little plastic container the size of a film canister.

She also ordered some bloodwork - 4 vials worth of blood was taken. She stated that she's concerned I may have developed an immunological disorder and wanted to do some tests.

So now, here I sit with two stitches in my leg and a mountain of anxiety over what this possible new ailment could be. I'm just hoping that whatever it is, it will tie together all the other stuff that's going on with me, is treatable, and can finally allow me to continue in my effort to improve my health.

Well I guess if I am starting the New Year like this, then it's GOT to get better. Right? :-)

OHHHH, it's getting late and I go back to work tomorrow after a week and a half off. Ugh, it's going to be tough.

Will update when I find out what's going on with the old bod!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 high-fives:

nettiemac said...

Holy Moses -- don't they know you're not supposed to fall apart until you actually hit 40? GEEZ!!!!!!!! (only teasing).

I really hope it turns out to be nothing at all!!!

Word verification: mated. OOOOOH-KAY!

Talmadge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Talmadge said...

The red spots have me alternating between extremes of "probably a reaction to the seven dozen medications currently in the Seraphim Daily Cocktail" and stuff much worse. I can't say I'm not a little scared about what all is going on.

Ahhhh, but today was the radioactive pill.

I rented a Geiger counter this afternoon, and that baby started pegging before my wife so much as turned onto our street!

Yeah .... I'm banishing myself to the couch for the next three nights. What a great way to celebrate our 8th anniversary: more than arm's length from one another.

verification - "offsaxer" That's how one addresses a law enforcement person when the BAC is .25 or more.